Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I accept your challenge, and raise you a topic!

I have neglected my blog. And only one person has missed it. So Christy, you ask, and I'm answering!

This is my challenger :) 
The topic: (From the Facebook comments)
How an urban girl beats the heat - Go!

How this urban girl beat the heat!
(Monica was a big help)

My dear friend Mon bought a Groupon for the group (ahahaha cheap play on words, cheap device)

So we made great big plans, Meg made food and drinks, I made food and drinks, the dudes made food and beer. Jackie came in last minute from Houston so she bought vegetables, ice and what not. 

In order to make sure we weren't too tired (aka Friday night party pooped) Jackie and I met Megan downtown to watch Out of Africa. (I cried and then ate curry) See it, ole Redford there is a hunk!

I made juice and guacamole and mango salsa after the movie. Mmmmmm


 So we made it to the dock on a Saturday at 9:30am (go us!)




We hired a drunken Captain (I think all captains are drunk from birth, therefore legal)

There he is, Captain Eric

We had sweet tunes, (Yacka Flacka I believe was on the list) We ate, we drank, and we swam.
Meg-o makes the best watermelon shots!

Petite and pretty
Will she do it?

Canonball!!!!


The cool water kept the beers cool :)

Again, thank you Mon!!!

The other dudes in the crew Hi Guys
Megan looks like she lives on a boat

I dont know why I pressed my lips to my own face like that, but I needed a me pic

Serious sailor face 

Eventually, the boat had to be returned. The crew wasn't done.

Onward!

Sleep-o Jackie. She literally sleeps anywhere

After a brief stop at Casa de Mego, we decided some dancing was in order.



And that Christy, is how an urban girl beats the heat! Watch out Cosmo! I got this.

2 comments:

  1. hey I didn't know you had a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow yours! But mines not quite as charming as yours :)

    ReplyDelete